Thursday, July 30, 2009

Strand Crawler 7/30/09

Gomorra got a Strand Crawler in his Bag of Fishing Treasures today. This is a pretty rare pet and you can only get it from the daily fishing quests. This is one of the reasons I keep plugging away at this daily even though most of the time the rewards are garbage.

Today the daily fishing quest I got from Marcia Chase (53,65), by the fountain in Dalaran was Blood Is Thicker. This is a pretty easy one, all you have to do is fly over to the flight path at Unu'pe, then head inland until you find a Marsh Caribou. Kill that so you are covered in it's blood. Then you head back to the shore and jump into the water creating a blood pool. Once you have that you just fish the blood pool until you get 5 Bloodtooth Frenzy. Turn them in to Marcia Chase for your Bag of Fishing Treasures. I also got 7g24s63c, 5 Pygmy Oil, a Tower Key that I sold to a vendor for 16g66s66c and 2 Deviate Fish. As you can see the rest of the rewards weren't much, with the exception of the Tower Key, but the Strand Crawler made up for it.

I did the daily cooking after that which was Sewer Stew, another easy one. I needed to pick 4 Crystalsong Carrots, which I did in Crystalsong Forest directly beneath Dalaran. That went pretty quick, there was no one else there picking them at the time. I got the 4 I needed and headed back to Dalaran to grab some Chilled Meat out of the guild bank to make my stew. I took the last 4 pieces out of the guild bank so I will have to restock that. I cooked up my stew and delivered it to Ajay Green at the Cantrips and Crows Tavern in the Underbelly in exchange for 9g93s, a Dalaran Cooking Award and a Small Spice Bag with 4 Northern Spices in it, not a bad haul today.

I went out hunting in Sholazar Basin later to get some more Chilled Meat. It didn't take me too long to get a stack of 20 hunting Dreadsabers and Longneck Grazers. I always like to have plenty of meat on hand in the guild bank so I don't have to waste time hunting when I am doing my daily's.

0 comments:

Post a Comment