Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Bag of Fishing Treasures 7/15/09

Today Marcia Chase (53,65), by the fountain in Dalaran gave me The Ghostfish for my daily fishing quest.

That had me flying over to Rivers Heart in Sholazar Basin to catch the elusive Phantom Ghostfish. According to the story not too many people have seen one. The reason for that is they only last 60 seconds after you catch them before they disappear. There are no cameras in World of Warcraft lol.

I headed to my spot which is up top, a little northeast of the flight point. It took me a little while to get one on Wranngar but Gomorra got his in around 10 casts which is the norm. You need to eat the Phantom Ghostfish as soon as you catch it because it starts clocking as soon as you loot it and you only have 60 seconds before it disappears. I ate mine and went into a state called Invisibility. This makes everything around you dim and otherworldly. Any movement or action breaks the spell which lasts for 15 seconds. Having solved the mystery I headed back to Dalaran to tell Marcia. She gave me a Bag of Fishing Treasures on each.

Gom's Bag of Fishing Treasures had 7g20s88c, 2 Elixirs of Water Walking which come in handy, 5 Solid Gold Coins which I sold to a vendor for 1 gold each, 3 Deviate Fish and a Runic Mana Potion. Not the best day for Gom but I have had worse.

Wrann's Bag of Fishing Treasures had 7g13s60c, a Glow Worm, a Tower Key which I sold to a vendor for 16g66s66c, and 3 Deviate Fish. Not a great day for Wrann either but I have had worse. No recent ones come to mind but I am sure I have :).

After that I did the daily cooking from Katherine Lee (41,65), the Grand Master Cooking Trainer in the kitchen of A Hero's Welcome, which was Sewer Stew. This is a pretty easy one.

I took the Crystal Portal down to Crystalsong forest and headed over to the ruins directly beneath Dalaran to pick some Crystalsong Carrots. That went really quick on both characters today and I was back in Dalaran in no time.

I cooked them up with some Chilled Meat I had in the guild bank for just such an occasion and made Vegetable Stew. I delivered that to Ajay Green at the Cantrips and Crows Tavern in the Underbelly in exchange for 9g93s, a Dalaran Cooking Award and a Small Spice Bag.

Both Wrann's and Gom's Small Spice Bags had 4 Northern Spices in them. That is about the best you can hope for from this daily, about the only other thing you can get is another Dalaran Cooking Award in there.

Wrann has 98 Dalaran Cooking Awards now so he is only 2 away from getting his Chef's Hat. Currently that is only a hat but when the next patch comes out it will enable him to cook faster which will be a big plus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment