Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Patch 3.2.0 Public Test Realm Notes

I have been reading up on the Public Test Realm patch notes and it seems Blizzard is still on their crusade to make it easier and easier to play World of Warcraft to attract more players.

The mounts seem to be the biggest thing they are 'giving' away:

Apprentice Riding (Skill 75) will be able to be purchased at level 20 for 4 gold. 4 gold... A far cry for the 80 gold I had to pay to get this skill at level 40.

Journeyman Riding (Skill 150) will be able to be purchased at level 40 for 50 gold. A far cry from the 600+ gold I paid to learn this skill at level 60. Not to mention the fact that currently Warlocks can buy their Dreadsteed at level 60 instead of doing all the quests finishing with Dire Maul to summon your mount. (I got my first mount free on my Warlock, which is part of being a Warlock, but I sure paid for the second one.)

Expert Riding (Skill 225) will be able to be learned at level 60 from trainers in Honor Hold (Alliance) or Thrallmar (Horde) for 600 gold. That only went down 200 gold from when I purchased it for 800 gold on my Warlock. As a Druid it only cost me about 7 gold for 225 riding skill so I could have flight form, this was how it always was, not a cost reduction.

Artisan Riding (Skill 300) will have faction discounts (Honor Hold and Valiance Expedition for Alliance and Thrallmar or Warsong Offensive for Horde). They are not saying how much of a discount but I am betting it will be a far cry from the 5,000 gold I paid. Druids can currently buy their swift flight form at level 71 instead of doing the 17 quests and finishing up in Heroic Sethekk Halls. This is compliments of a previous patch.

There are some changes to the secondary skills though these seem to be along the same lines they have been following since the beginning, just improvements:

Cooking - There will be some changes here too, reduced materials for some of the recipes.

The Chef's Hat will allow you to cook faster, this will be nice as I find myself cooking stacks and stacks of items at a time, either to replenish stock in the guild bank or clean out the guild bank.

There will be a higher chance to receive an extra Dalaran Cooking Award in your Small Spice Bag and an increase in drop rate for the cooking recipes from the Outlands cooking quests.

Fishing - Players with a fishing skill over 300 have a chance to get a Waterlogged Recipe in their Bag of Fishing Treasures. This can be traded to other players and can be turned in for several Dalaran Cooking Awards.

There are also a lot of class (talent) and some race changes too, too many to go into here but anyone who would like to check them out can go to PTR Patch Notes

0 comments:

Post a Comment