Thursday, March 11, 2010

Forge of Souls 3/10/10

Brieanna did her first WotLK instance tonight. She did The Forge of Souls 5 man. She did it in normal mode 3 times and heroic mode one time. I usually don't do instances at all, but I want to get Brieanna a better main weapon and this is the only way I am going to be able to do it without an 1800 arena rating in 3's or 5's.

The Forge of Souls is the first dungeon in the attunement process for Halls of Reflection, the second one is Pit of Saron which I did later.

I got a group for The Forge of Souls using the dungeon finder system and made out pretty well. The people I was grouped with had obviously done it before, it was a fast moving group. We pretty much tore right through there without any problems. I didn't really notice a difference in challenge between normal and heroic, but the loot was better in heroic. I am in full PvP gear and nothing dropped that was even close to being better than, or even equal to, what I was wearing. The last boss you kill in The Forge of Souls is Devourer of Souls pictured here. He is a pretty strange looking mob and puts up a pretty good fight. I use Deadly Boss Mobs for PvP and activated the dungeon mode before I started. It is very helpful, it tells you when to get out of the way and when to run, it tells you when the boss is getting ready to launch and attack and on who.

The item I am after in Halls of Reflection is the Orca-Hunter's Harpoon. That would be a significant improvement over the weapon I have now.

I had a really good time and am looking at other dungeons to do now. I was put off by dungeons way back on Gomorra. All the groups I would get into would dissolve before we even got close to the end and I figured what's the sense if you have to run a dungeon 10 times just to get through it once. I guess times have changed. I will have more detailed posts in the future with a run through of this dungeon, including boss names, after a couple more runs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment